I. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE:
The information that we collect, and how we use and share that information, including the categories of information we collect and have collected in the last 12 months:
1. Information you Provide.
- Registered User Information. When you sign up for our newsletter or purchase an item, you may be required to provide us with information about yourself, such as your name, email address, address, and phone number.
- Communications. When you contact us, we typically receive your contact information, and the time, date and content of your message and any attachments.
- Billing Information. If you purchase a Product through our Website, you will be required to provide certain information to our payment processing service provider(s), such as a debit card number, credit card number, expiration date, billing address, shipping address, activation codes, and similar information. You authorize our payment processing service providers to collect, process, and store this information. We do not store or process this information.
- Profile Data. We collect information including your social handles, interests, preferences, age range, gender and favorites.
- Other Information. We collect any other information you choose to provide, including feedback and questions to customer support, comments posted publicly on the Services (such as in product reviews or article comments).
- Job Applicant Data. When you apply for a job, we collect information such as your employment and education history, writing samples, and references as necessary to consider your job application for open positions.
2. Information Collected Automatically.
- Service Use Data. This includes data about features you use, pages you visit, emails and advertisements you view, products and services you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data. We collect data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad Id.
- Location Information. Some features of the Website may be based on your location. To provide these features while you are using a mobile device, we may automatically collect geo-locational information from your mobile device or wireless carrier and/or certain service providers. Collection of this information occurs only when the Website is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such information by adjusting your browser settings, in which case we will not be able to provide certain features to you.
We use various current – and later – developed tracking technologies to automatically collect information when you use the Services, including the following:
- Location-Identifying Technologies. These technologies are used to collect your location. For example, GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth may be used to collect precise location data when you consent to location tracking through our Website. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content and advertising based on that location.
- Web Beacon. A “web beacon,” also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web browser.
We may also collection information about your online activities over time and across third-party Websites. The following are the categories of sources we collect information from:
- Consumers or users of the Services
- Data brokers or resellers from which we purchase data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Services, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
- Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
II. ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS.
For more information about Interest-based Advertising, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for Interest-Based Advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
III. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE.
- Providing the Website, such as operating, maintaining and providing features of our Website.
- Communicating with you, such as responding to general inquiries, comments, questions, requests, and providing general customer service, sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Managing your purchase activities, such as sending invoices, receiving payments and fulfilling any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your notice and/or consent.
- Marketing, such as monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities, conducting research (e.g. focus groups and surveys, sending you advertising, developing and providing you direct marketing and relevant content on our Website (including products, offers, promotions, rewards, events and services), and conducting promotions (including verifying your eligibility and delivering prizes in connection with your entries)
- Understanding and Improving our Website and Services, such as debugging, identifying and repairing errors that impair existing intended functionality of our Website and Services, soliciting feedback regarding our Website and related support.
- Other Business Purposes, such as compliance, risk management and other business purposes including audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm
- Aggregated Use, such as de-identifying and aggregating Personal Information collected through the Website and using it for any business purpose.
IV. WHO MAY HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION.
- Information Shared with Third-Party Service Providers. In some cases, we hire third-party service providers to process information on our behalf for our business purposes, For example, we share certain information with service providers who assist with the processing of credit cards and payments, hosting, managing and services our data, distributing emails, conducting research and analytics, advertising, analytics, or administering certain services and features. We also may share information about you with our professional advisors, including accountants, auditors, lawyers, insurers and bankers, if needed. These service providers may change over time, but we will always use trusted service providers who we require to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and, as appropriate, in accordance with our instructions and the provisions of this Policy and applicable law.
- Information Shared with Vendors and Other Parties. We share information with vendors for business and commercial purposes, including analytics and advertising technology companies. Vendors may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section above.
- Information Shared with Business Partners. We share information with our partners in connection with offering co-branded services, selling or distributing our Limited Edition or Imprint Edition products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Information Shared with our Sponsors. In certain limited circumstances, we allow sponsors to choose the demographic information of users who will see their sponsored content and/or promotion offers. In these situations, we will not disclose information to Sponsors except in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally.
- Information Shared with Social Networks and Technology Integrations. We offer parts of our Services through websites, apps, platforms, and services operated or controlled by separate entities. The information collected and stored by those entities remains subject to their own policies and practices, including what information they share with us, your rights and choices on their services and devices, and whether they store information in the U.S. or elsewhere. In addition, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by separate entities into parts of our Services. Some examples include:
- Liking, Sharing, and Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Services that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your account through social media. If you choose to engage with such integration, we may receive information from the social network that you have authorized to share with us. Please note that the social network may independently collect information about you through the integration.
- Information Shared Pursuant to Business Transfers. In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets.
- Information Shared with Other Third Parties. We may be required to share information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for the purpose of meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share information when compelled to do so by government authorities or required by law or regulation including, but not limited to, in response to court orders and subpoenas. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Services or anyone else.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Services.
- Consent. We share information with notice to you and your consent.
V. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES.
You have several rights and choices with regard to our use of your Personal Information. You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features of the Website.
- Managing your Imprint User Profile. You can use many of the features of our Website without registering, thereby limiting the information we collect. If you wish to access, amend, or delete any other Personal Information we hold about you when you signed up as a Registered User, you may contact us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so, as permitted under applicable data protection law.
- Opting out of email Marketing. If you no longer want to receive marketing emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt-out via the “unsubscribe” link provided in each such email or by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy.
- Restricting Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
- Opting out of Web Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your browser. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings in your browser.
California Privacy Rights. California law permits residents of California to request notice of how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes or to opt out of such sharing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice or to opt out, please email us at email@example.com.
European Union (“EU”) Privacy Rights. If you are located in the European Economic Area, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) described below.
- You may request access to and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another organization. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work, or where an incident took place.
- If you have consented to our use of your Personal Information you may withdraw your consent at any time, and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights, and that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
VI. INFORMATION THAT YOU SHARE THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
VII. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION.
The Service is intended for a general audience, and is not directed at children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us, please contact us.
IX. DATA TRANSFERS AND PRIVACY SHIELD.
X. DATA RETENTION.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired. When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it.
XII. HOW TO CONTACT IMPRINT.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org;